Wednesday, August 14, 2019

Cheap Easy Build Kits


Picked up some $4 rocket kits from HL this past weekend. Decided that it was time to upgrade my daughters, Bandit rockets to something a little more 'classy' and larger. My son has the Dragonite but wanted him to be included in the family build. Planning to get these built before the local Rocket Day at the park.

I couldn't say no to these as they were marked down from $17. I found them in the clearance area and not in the normal rocket isle at HL.

I plan to make a modification or two when the kids build these. The rockets seem really light, so I will add a little clay to the nose cone before gluing the insert. Also, the shock cord is pre-assembled to the tube. They have it attached at the bottom inside of the tube where the pre-assembled launch lug is. This seems extremely close to the engine and prone to damage during the ejection charge. Most likely will cut it and move it towards the nose cone end.


         PHANTOM BLUE        

 

   



         POWER PATROL         


   



              SPIRIT             

     

No comments:

Post a Comment