Monday, January 27, 2020

MODIFIED GOBLIN

Was thinking about modifying an Estes Goblin on my drive to work today. I already have one that I built a while back that flies awesome but I screwed up the Engine Mount slightly. The glue seized up before I could get it fully inserted inside the Body Tube. It still looks and performs great but I was thinking of rebuilding. Then I thought why not modify...




Modifications:
 - Double length of the BT55 Body Tube
 - Expand the Fins by adding curved areas (retain original angels)
 - Extend the Fin color with Body Tube Conduits.
 - Upgrade to E Motor
 - Parachute Recovery?
 - 3/16 Launch Lug

Materials:
 - Goblin Kit
 - BT55 Tube
 - BT55 Coupler
 - Balsa Wood Sheet(s)
 - Balsa or other wood strips
 - Longer Motor Mount Tube
 - Motor Retainer (or E Motor Clip)
 - 3/16 Launch Lug
 - Parachute with Spill-Hole?

No comments:

Post a Comment