Friday, November 15, 2019

EPIC II Complete

Didn't take any pictures of the progress, just the finished product.

With this model I decided to take the extra step to seal the balsa wood. I used Elmer's Wood Sealer. The Apogee Components video suggested sealing prior to gluing to the body tube. I debated back and forth on this and finally decided to seal after gluing. The main reasoning was that the fins were so thin I couldn't get a wire into them to hold them during application or drying without causing damage. I think I made the correct decision and the application and sanding went smoothly. To be honest I enjoyed the sanding portion even though it seamed to take forever.

My wife has family visiting in about a month and I am trying to coordinate a trip to the field for the cousins. Excited to hopefully launch my first 2 stage rocket.









No comments:

Post a Comment