Thursday, September 19, 2019

CHEROKEE-E Build Part 2

How many weeks later...and I finally finished. I have a tendency to lean towards darker colors and I made a conscious effort to make this rocket brighter and have a lighter more sporty fun feel.

As always I applied a priming layer of white and let it sit for a day.




While the white dried I made stencils for the fin color scheme based on my sketches. I retained the balsawood and traced it on paper to layout the color blocking then used a wall of a tissue box to create the shapes.
 





Using colored Sharpies I traced the lines onto the model. The paint coated the Sharpies so I had to keep scribbling on the corrugate (as you can see) to free them up. Think next time I may try colored pencil.



Filling in the specific areas on the fins and body tube.






I decided to move the Magenta ring down from just below to Nosecone. Placing it with the Magenta on the fins nicely continues the color across the Body Tube. I'm glad I did as I like the Magenta, White and Green blocking at the lower end of the rocket.



The finished model...



 

No comments:

Post a Comment